Colombia Agribusiness Report Q3 2014: New research report available at Fast Market Research
New Food research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
[ClickPress, Mon Jun 23 2014] Colombia's agricultural sector will face a number of challenges in the medium term. Key export crops - such as coffee and cocoa - have underperformed in recent years owing to a lack of investment in infrastructure and outbreaks of disease. Although regeneration work is under way, it will take time to bear fruit. The strength of the Colombian peso against the US dollar is also posing challenges for the agribusiness sector , as the competitiveness of Colombia's exports is being eroded. Finally, there is still unrest among dairy, livestock and grain producers who fear that the entry into force of the Colo mbia-EU free trade agreement will further erode their profitability. The Ministry of Agriculture has taken steps to support these sectors to adapt to the arrival of inexpensive imports; however, ongoing efforts to improve infrastructure and modernise production techniques will be required.
* Sugar consumption growth to 2018: 6.7% to 2.1mn tonnes. This will mainly be driven by increases in the consumption of confectionery products as per capita incomes and young population rise.
* Poultry production growth to 2017/18: 10.2% to 1.26mn tonnes. The consolidation of the sector will accelerate in the coming years after the difficult conditions for poultry producers over recent years, including soaring feed prices and sluggish demand.
* Coffee production growth to 2017/18: 13.9% to 11.3mn tonnes. Production will be aided by programmes to replace aging plantations and improve resistance to disease. However, we remain cautious about the long-term trajectory of Colombian coffee production, especially with prices currently low and strong Colombian peso.
* BMI universe agribusiness market value: USD14.4bn in 2014; down from USD14.2bn in 2013 ; growth expected to average 4.2% annually between 2014 and 2018.
* 2014 real GDP growth: 4.6%; up from...
Full Report Details at
The Colombia Agribusiness Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for production, consumption and trade across core agricultural commodities.
BMI's Colombia Agribusiness Report includes independent commodity price forecasting and analysis for key agricultural outputs, an overview of the agribusiness competitive landscape and a discussion of the downstream context of agricultural production in relation to country food consumption forecasts and composite food and beverage trade forecasts.
* Use BMI's independent industry forecasts to test other views - a key input for successful planning in dynamic agribusiness markets.
* Apply BMI's medium-term commodity price analysis to assist with budgetary planning and the identification of investment opportunities and potential risks.
* Assess the activities and market position of your competitors, partners and clients.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- China Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- Malaysia Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- Morocco Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- New Zealand Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- Cameroon Agribusiness Report Q3 2014