New Market Research Report: Global Copper Mining to 2020
Fast Market Research recommends "Global Copper Mining to 2020" from Timetric, now available
[ClickPress, Thu Oct 23 2014] Global copper mine production was 18.1 million tonnes (Mt) in 2013, up by 8.4% compared to the previous year, with Chile accounting for almost one-third of the share. In 2013, the countries which dominated global copper mine production were China, Chile and Peru, supported by the commencement of new mines in Mongolia, the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and Zambia. Global copper mine production is further forecast to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.9% over the period 2014-2020 and the DRC, Peru and Zambia are poised to play bigger roles in the future.
* Global copper mine production was 18.1 million tonnes (Mt) in 2013, up by 8.4% compared to the previous year, with Chile accounting for almost one-third of this.
* Global refined copper metal consumption increased by 4.4% in 2013 over 2012. China was the largest consumer that year, accounting for 44% of the world's use.
* Falling ore grades and the aging of some of the largest Chilean mines could pose a challenge to the global copper industry.
* According to the World Bank, aluminum is expected to continue to replace copper until the copper-to-aluminum price ratio reaches around 2:1.
Full Report Details at
The report contains an overview of the global copper mining industry, together with its key growth factors and restraints. It also provides information about reserves, production, prices, the competitive landscape and major active, exploration and development projects.
Reasons to Get this Report
Gain an understanding of the global copper mining industry; the relevant drivers and restraining factors; reserves, historical and forecast production and consumption; trade and the competitive landscape.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Corporacion Nacional del Cobre de Chile (Codelco), Grupo Mexico SAB de CV, Glencore Plc, Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc., Jiangxi Copper Corporation Ltd
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Base Metals Mining in Australia to 2020
- Base Metals Mining in Indonesia to 2020
- Base Metals Mining in India to 2020
- Global Gold Mining to 2020
- Base Metals Mining in Kazakhstan to 2020