New Market Research Report: Lithuania Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
Fast Market Research recommends "Lithuania Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
[ClickPress, Tue Nov 04 2014] Collective procurement of medicines with Latvia and Estonia will benefit the development of the pharmaceutical market , albeit at the cost of pricing cuts. While these markets are singularly small, together they represent an attractive and modest - sized market. The Lithuanian market on its own will pose a modest opportunity for drugmakers due to its small absolute size relative to its neighbouring markets. We expect the Lithuanian pharmaceutical market to post a local five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3. 7 %, rising to LTL2.1 0 bn (USD7 29 mn) in 2018.
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Pharmaceuticals: LTL1.74bn (USD667mn) in 2013 to LTL1.81bn (USD702mn) in 2014; +3.6% in local currency terms and +5.2% in US dollar terms.
* Healthcare: LTL7.68bn (USD2.94bn) in 2013 to LTL8.00bn (USD3.11bn) in 2014; +4.2% in local currency terms and +5.8% in US dollar terms.
Full Report Details at
Lithuania remains in the bottom half of the matrix assessing 20 countries in the Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) region. We note that Lithuania's small population will continue to restrict longer-term opportunities in its pharmaceutical market, despite its solid risks profile and predictable operating environment.
Key Trends and Developments
* Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania will begin to jointly procure medicines and medical devices, offering much greater volumes to interested drugmakers, albeit with specific caveats on pricing.
* Pharmaceutical companies and the Lithuanian government have affirmed their commitment to improve patients' access to innovative drugs.
* Geopolitical risk and fallout from Ukraine crisis have damaged growth prospects for Lithuania's export sector in 2014, impacting our pharmaceutical outlook in turn.
* After signing off a new Reimbursable List, premiums for insulins have increased significantly, causing public outcry among Lithuanians.
BMI Economic View: Lithuania's current account surplus will swing back into deficit this...
The Lithuania Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Lithuania Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Lithuanian pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
* Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Lithuania to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Lithuanian pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Sweden Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Greece Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Saudi Arabia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014