Just Published: "Lithuania Food & Drink Report 2015"
New Food market report from Business Monitor International: "Lithuania Food & Drink Report 2015"
[ClickPress, Wed Jan 14 2015] While a breakdown of the Q314 GDP figure is not available at the time of writing, we believe domestic demand has also suffered due to the significance of the external sector for Lithuania's small, open economy. Lending support to our view has been a series of high-frequency economic indicators. Industrial production contracted by 0.5% y-o-y in September on a workday-adjusted basis. While pointing to growing pressure on private consumption, the modest abatement in retail trade growth is also reflective of the resilience of the household sector, which has been bolstered by falling unemployment and rising wages.
Headline Industry Data (local currency)
Full Report Details at
* Per capita food consumption growth in 2014: +2.9%; compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to 2018: +3.7%
* Alcoholic drinks sales value growth in 2014: +2.0%; CAGR to 2018: +4.6%
* Total mass grocery retail sales growth in 2014: +0.8%; CAGR to 2018: +6.2%
Key Company Trends
Retail Sales Grow 4.1% In July : Lithuania recorded a 4.1% year-on-year (y-o-y) increase in retail sales, excluding VAT, in July, according to data released by the Department of Statistics on August 27. Retail sales, excluding automotive fuel, grew 3.9% y-o-y. Sales of non-food products increased 6.3% and sales of food, alcoholic beverages and tobacco increased by 1.8% y-o-y. At constant prices, retail sales rose 7.5% month-on-month (m-o-m). Retail sales, after seasonal adjustment, were up 0.6% m-o-m.
The Lithuania Food & Drink Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for food and drink expenditure, consumption, sales, and imports/exports and forecasts for the mass grocery retail sector. The report also includes analyses of major regulatory developments, the background macroeconomic outlook and competitive landscape comparing national and multinational companies by leading products and services, sales, investments, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's Lithuania Food & Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the food and drink industry and the mass grocery retail market in Lithuania.
* Benchmark BMI's independent food and drink industry forecasts for Lithuania to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Lithuanian food and drink market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in Lithuania through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments.
* Exploit latest competitive intelligence on your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Estonia Food & Drink Report 2015
- Hungary Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Latvia Food & Drink Report 2015
- Hong Kong Food & Drink Report 2015
- Ukraine Food & Drink Report Q1 2015