Market Report, "Switzerland Telecommunications Report Q2 2015", published
Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Switzerland Telecommunications Report Q2 2015", is now available at Fast Market Research
[ClickPress, Fri Feb 06 2015] Growth opportunities are limited in Switzerland as a result of market maturity ; however, the country's high per capita incomes and strong demand from the local population for the latest technologies means it continues to be one of the most lucrative markets in Europe. There has been large investment made by operators in infrastructure, with the incumbent Swisscom investing aggressively in fibre and LTE s in ce 2012. The competition has also been investing in LTE, with all three mobile network operators offering commercial services since June 2013. High capital expenditure into new infrastructure and increasing competition for data services will be eroding the profit margins for all main operators in the short term, but we still expect the market to expand throughout our forecast. Meanwhile, fixed-line telephony services will continue to be displaced by more modern IP alternatives.
Full Report Details at
* Smartphone ownership has proliferated rapidly in Switzerland, with Swisscom reporting smartphone penetration in excess of 70% of its subscription base.
* Average revenue per user (ARPU) levels continued to decline, a trend primarily attributed to a fall in mobile telephony prices in 2013 and 2014 following the launch of Swisscom's Infinity tariffs.
* The OECD released data for dedicated mobile subscription penetration at the end of 2012, showing growth was slightly below our forecast. We believe this is likely the result of customers deferring subscriptions as they wait for LTE services to become more widely available.
Key Trends And Developments
In December 2014, NJJ Capital, parent company of low-cost market disrupter Iliad in France, agreed to acquire Orange Switzerland for CHF2.8bn (USD2.9bn). Orange is Switzerland's smallest mobile operator by subscriptions, with 1.733mn subscribers and a market share of 16.2% in June 2014, behind Sunrise's 23.3% share and incumbent Swisscom's 60.5% market share. Although all three operators...
The Switzerland Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Switzerland's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Switzerland Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Switzerland.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Turkey Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Hungary Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q2 2015