New market study, "Greece Telecommunications Report Q2 2015", has been published
New Fixed Networks market report from Business Monitor International: "Greece Telecommunications Report Q2 2015"
[ClickPress, Tue Feb 10 2015] Our forecasts for the Greek wireline voice, broadband and mobile services markets have been extended through to 2019 in this quarter's update. We have reined-in our expectations for growth in the mobile arena, despite the increasing take-up of higher-value 4G services, owing to the continued emphasis on prepaid offerings. The outperformer remains Vodafone, which took control of Hellas Online (HOL) in late 2014 and seems poised to buy ForthNet, too . A compelling converged services provider should emerge in the near future, which would provide upside to the wireline broadband segment, but lead to a thinning out of inactive mobile-only subscriptions as well as costly fixed voice lines. The wireline voice market contracted faster than expected in 2014 and we expect this to continue over the longer term.
Full Report Details at
* Mobile subscription addition rates were stronger in 9M14 than had been expected, possibly due to increased price competition and the wider availability of 3G/4G networks. Subscriptions grew by 0.2% quarter-on-quarter (q-o-q) to 15.575mn.
* The inclusion of inactive or rarely-used subscriptions weighs on ARPU figures disclosed by operators. Cosmote continued to outpace Vodafone in blended ARPU in Q314, although both players reversed the trend for ARPU erosion as usage of voice and data services increased and unproductive inactive accounts were closed.
* Alternative wireline operators - which include the fixed-line business of mobile-focused WIND - generally recorded strong growth in customers served by unbundled local loops in Q314, testament to the power of price competition, access to advanced infrastructure and an easing of macroeconomic headwinds.
Key Trends & Developments
Vodafone, Cosmote and Wind all acquired digital dividend spectrum in the 800MHz and 2600MHz bands in October/November 2014. Despite the importance of spectrum to their plans for mobile broadband expansion, rational bidding prevailed and the operators did...
The Greece Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Greece's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Greece Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Greece.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Turkey Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Hungary Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q2 2015