Norway Telecommunications Report Q2 2015 - New Market Research Report
Fast Market Research recommends "Norway Telecommunications Report Q2 2015" from Business Monitor International, now available
[ClickPress, Fri Feb 20 2015] A change in competitive dynamics is expected in Norway's electronic communications market in 2015. Firstly, Tele2 -backed Network Norway is to be sold to NetCom, accelerating the expansion of the latter's 4G and mobile broadband coverage; new entrant ICE will acquire Network Norway's customers, giving it a head start in developing its mobile business. Meanwhile, TDC Norway acquired Get, the country's largest alternative cable broadband operator and placing increased pressure on incumbent Telenor in the converged services arena. Finally, the national regulatory authority was restructured in January 2015 and its powers and duties refined. The coming months may see it take more direct action to bring down prices for consumers, which would impact players large and small.
* BMI estimates a total mobile subscription base of 5.953mn at the end of 2014, a very small net increase y-o-y owing to market saturation and the loss of inactive accounts. Boosted by the changing competitive dynamic and the prospect of lower prices, we forecast the user base to grow to 6.146mn by the end of 2019.
* The wireline sector is in decline, reaching 1.139mn voice accesses at the end of 2014. BMI forecasts slowing rates of decline through to 2019, reaching 1.014mn accesses by the end of the forecast period. Copper access lines will remain in service, underpinning the broadband market.
Full Report Details at
Key Trends And Developments
The Norwegian competition and communications market watchdogs approved the sale of Network Norway to TeliaSonera in February 2015. The proposed deal had been altered to dilute the increased market power TeliaSonera would have had in the mobile arena. TeliaSonera will acquire Network Norway's infrastructure while newcomer ICE will acquire its customers and a nationwide roaming agreement. It is unclear whether ICE will take on Network Norway's consumer customers; its reluctance to commit to participating in upcoming auctions of 900MHz...
The Norway Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Norway's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Norway Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Norway.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Mexico Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Bangladesh Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Oman Telecommunications Report Q2 2015