Bosnia-Herzegovina Infrastructure Report Q2 2015 - New Market Report
Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Bosnia-Herzegovina Infrastructure Report Q2 2015", is now available at Fast Market Research
[ClickPress, Tue Apr 14 2015] Bosnia & Herzegovina's construction industry saw encouraging 6.1% year-on-year (y-o-y) growth in Q114, according to the country's national statistics agency. However, the Q214 data from the agency shows a y-o-y contraction of 3.1% before moderating to 1.1% growth in Q314, reflecting the impact to homes and infrastructure caused by the devastating May floods. BMI has adjusted upwards its 2014 and 2015 construction industry forecasts to 9.7% and 4.4% respectively, as the country begins recovering and rebuilding, which should inevitably lead into a strong and busy market, as corporate and public expenditure and aid focus on rebuilding.
Key Trends And Developments
* The October 12th election results suggest little in the way of change for Bosnia-Herzegovina's convoluted political system, especially as more hard line nationalist parties made the strongest gains overall. We expect structural deficiencies and ethnic divisions to continue to hamper policy making at a crucial period for the economy, while also weighing on political stability. The tense atmosphere was laid bare most recently amid bickering between the leadership in the two entities - the Muslim-Croat Federation (FBiH) and Republika Srpska (RS) - over the allocation of emergency funds in response to catastrophic flooding in May.
* The Ministry of Transport of Bosnia and Herzegovina will invest EUR4bn in the construction of a highway on the Corridor 5C. The project aims to increase traffic safety in the area and will be built in line with EU regulations on transport infrastructure. The country is expected to borrow up to EUR400mn to help fund construction and will work alongside private partners to build the 140km road. The Corridor 5C links Hungary's capital Budapest with the Croatian Adriatic port of Ploce via Bosnia and is part of the Pan-European corridor network aimed at better integrating and connecting Europe, as well as improving infrastructure quality, particularly for...
Full Report Details at
The Bosnia-Herzegovina Infrastructure Report features BMI Research's market assessment and forecasts covering public procurement and spending on all major infrastructure and construction projects, including transportation and logistics by land, sea and air; power plants and utilities, and commercial construction and property development. The report analyses the impact of regulatory changes and the macroeconomic outlook and features competitive intelligence on contractors and suppliers.
BMI's Bosnia-Herzegovina Infrastructure Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Bosnian infrastructure and construction industry.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Singapore Infrastructure Report Q2 2015
- Indonesia Infrastructure Report Q2 2015
- Australia Infrastructure Report Q2 2015
- Greece Infrastructure Report Q2 2015
- Ukraine Infrastructure Report Q2 2015