Market Report, "Portugal Telecommunications Report Q2 2015", published
Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Portugal Telecommunications Report Q2 2015", is now available at Fast Market Research
[ClickPress, Sun Apr 19 2015] Operators continue to struggle with the dual pressures of economic weakness limiting subscriber spending and market maturity in the mobile sector. The mobile market, similarly most other Western European markets, is very mature and BMI does not expect much growth. However, acquisitions in both the wireline and the mobile markets with the sales of Portugal Telecom and potential divestment of Cabovisao , will add dynamics to the Portugese telecom sector.
* Wireline voice access is forecast to decline from 4.530mn in 2013 to 4.313mn by 2019 as more consumers switch to mobiles or IP-based substitutes.
* Market saturation and chilly economic climate will mean volatile mobile subscriptions growth in the future. Market is forecast to grow from 16.914mn in 2013 to 17.161mn by 2019. 3G/4G upgrades will be operators' area of focus; subscriptions are forecast to rise from 4.462mn in 2013 to 5.037mn in 2019.
* Converged services will continue to be popular, with bundling seen by operators as the most economically viable means of expanding their user and revenue bases. However, dampened consumer spending means that broadband subscriptions are forecast to rise from 3.322mn in 2013 to just 3.502mn in 2019.
Full Report Details at
In December 2014, Altice announced that it had signed a definitive agreement with OI for the purchase of Portugal Telecom. The deal was approved by the shareholders of Portugal Telecom in January 2015, but BMI understands that it is still pending regulatory approval. It has been reported that the deal is due to be finalised in H115. Meanwhile, Altice is keen to divest its cable unit Cabovis[?] o. It has been reported that Vodafone is considering the acquisition of Cabovis[?] o in a bid to boost its position in the market where it is the only mobile operator that does not have a significant wireline presence. Vodafone is Portugal's second largest provider of both mobile voice and data services. Acquiring Cabovis[?] o...
The Portugal Telecommunications Report features BMI Research's independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Portugal's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Portugal Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Portugal.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- North Africa Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- West & Central Africa Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Mexico Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Caribbean Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Hong Kong Telecommunications Report Q2 2015