Newly released market study: Switzerland Telecommunications Report Q3 2015
New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
[ClickPress, Tue May 05 2015] The maturity of the Swiss telecoms market means there are severely diminished opportunities for subscription growth ; however, the country's high per capita incomes and strong demand for the latest technologies means it continues to be one of the most lucrative markets in Europe. The lucrative nature of the market is reflected in the large investment s made by operators in infrastructure, with the incumbent Swisscom investing aggressively in fibre and LTE s in ce 2012. It has also resulted in acquisitions in the Swiss market, for instance NJJ was cleared to acquire Orange in early 2015, while Sunrise announced its intention to IP.
* Smartphone ownership has proliferated rapidly in Switzerland, with Swisscom reporting smartphone penetration in excess of 70% of its subscription base in 2014.
* Average revenue per user (ARPU) levels continued to decline, a trend primarily attributed to a fall in mobile telephony prices in 2013 and 2014 following the launch of Swisscom's Infinity tariffs and erosion of traditional revenue sources such as SMS.
* The OECD released data for dedicated mobile subscription penetration at the end of 2012, showing growth was slightly below our forecast. We believe this is likely the result of customers deferring subscriptions as they wait for LTE services to become more widely available.
* Switzerland moved up one position to third in the Q315 BMI Risk Reward Index for Western Europe, behind only the UK and France, and ahead of the much larger German market. Switzerland is boosted in the Index by its highly lucrative market in per capita terms and its relative insulation from the worst ravages of revenue erosion that have occurred in other key Western European markets over recent years.
Full Report Details at
Key Trends And Developments
There have been significant developments in Switzerland's competitive landscape in the telecoms market. In December 2014, NJJ Capital, parent company of low-cost market disrupter
The Switzerland Telecommunications Report features BMI Research's independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Switzerland's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Switzerland Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Switzerland.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q3 2015
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q3 2015
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q3 2015
- Turkey Telecommunications Report Q3 2015
- Sri Lanka Telecommunications Report Q3 2015