Bangladesh Telecommunications Report Q3 2015 - New Report Available
Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Bangladesh Telecommunications Report Q3 2015", is now available at Fast Market Research
[ClickPress, Mon May 11 2015] Significant growth in mobile data and value-added services revenue in 2014 resulted from widespread deployment of 3G networks and the greater availability of smartphone s . However, intense price competition means that, in absolute value, data revenues continue to represent only a small proportion of total income. I t will still be many years before operators will see a meaningful return on their investment, a problem compounded by the government's reluctance to relax taxes on a sector it vi ews as a useful cash cow. Selling towers would provide a modest respite, but consolidation would be more beneficial, ridding the market of ine ffective players and duplicated resources. T he emergence of an indigenous content and application-focused industry would benefit operators, consumers and the media sector in equal measure.
Full Report Details at
* Mobile subscription growth was stronger than expected in 2014, as a result of the move to 3G, but market volatility continues to be problematic due to price competition and the high incidence of multi-SIM ownership. We forecast subscriptions to rise from 120.4mn in 2014 to 146.8mn by 2019.
* 3G uptake will be difficult to monitor as few customers will be able to afford smartphones or non-essential content. Life services such as mobile money will drive the data market, but basic applications will be as effective over 2G as 3G. We forecast 3G subscriptions to reach 4.8mn by 2019, or 3.3% of the total market.
Bangladesh ranks 23rd out of the 28 markets BMI surveys for its Asia Telecoms Risk/Reward Index (RRI). Although we gave the country better scores for Country Rewards and Country Risks, reflecting improved consumer spending power and a more robust view regarding long-term economic growth, it was outperformed by peers such as Fiji and Myanmar; the latter benefited from a strong start reported by the country's two new mobile operators and a more bullish view of the country's potential from...
The Bangladesh Telecommunications Report features BMI Research's independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Bangladesh's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Bangladesh Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Bangladesh.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q3 2015
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q3 2015
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q3 2015
- Turkey Telecommunications Report Q3 2015
- Sri Lanka Telecommunications Report Q3 2015