Smokeless Tobacco in South Africa - New Study Released
Recently published research from Euromonitor International, "Smokeless Tobacco in South Africa", is now available at Fast Market Research
[ClickPress, Mon Aug 24 2015] Smokeless tobacco is a very small category within tobacco in South Africa. Snuff, and in particular dry snuff, is the most popular form of smokeless tobacco. The core consumer group are black females who use snuff traditionally, particularly in rural areas. Packaged snuff such as Magnet is purchased in small plastic containers, or consumers make their own snuff (known as “kambuti”) by purchasing and grinding tobacco leaf.
Leonard Dingler Pty Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Philip Morris International, dominated smokeless tobacco in 2014 with a volume share of 85%. Philip Morris International acquired Swedish Match South Africa (Pty) Ltd in September 2009, and this deal included Leonard Dingler, which was a wholly-owned subsidiary of Swedish Match. Its brands include Taxi and Magnet. MLP Distributors ranked second with a 3% share through its Ntsu brand, while Swedish Match South Africa (Proprietary) ranked third with a 2% share through its Barbeton brand.
Full Report Details at
Smokeless tobacco remains a very small category in South Africa. Dry snuff accounts for the majority of the category and is used by lower LSM groups as it is the cheapest type of tobacco in the marketplace and is often used for traditional practices, for example, by witch doctors.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smokeless Tobacco industry in South Africa with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smokeless Tobacco industry in South Africa, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smokeless Tobacco in South Africa market research report includes:
* Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
* Detailed segmentation of international and local products
* Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
* Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
* Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
* Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
* What is the market size of Smokeless Tobacco in South Africa?
* What are the major brands in South Africa?
* What are the traditional types of smokeless tobacco available in South Africa?
* What is the product awareness of smokeless tobacco in South Africa?
* What innovations are present in smokeless tobacco in South Africa?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Tobacco in South Africa
- Tobacco Product Market in South Africa to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Tobacco in South Africa
- Smoking Tobacco in South Africa
- British American Tobacco (South Africa) Ltd in Tobacco (South Africa)