Newly released market study: Smokeless Tobacco in Canada
Recently published research from Euromonitor International, "Smokeless Tobacco in Canada", is now available at Fast Market Research
[ClickPress, Thu Aug 27 2015] In 2014, smokeless tobacco declined by 7% in retail volume terms to 246 tonnes while current retail value sales decreased by 2% to C$210 million. According to the Canadian Tobacco, Alcohol and Drugs Survey (CTADS), in 2013, 8% of Canadians aged 15 years and older reported having tried smokeless tobacco products. Six per cent (126,000) of those aged 15 to 19, and 10% of young adults (233,000) aged 20 to 24 reported having tried smokeless tobacco. The prevalence of smokeless tobacco use within the past 30 days was under 1% for Canadians aged 15 years and older, and 1% for those aged 15 to 19 and 20 to 24.
Full Report Details at
The competitive landscape of smokeless tobacco is highly concentrated. National Smokeless Tobacco Co, owned at GBO level by Altria, led with 80% of retail volume sales in 2014. The company is well-established in the category of US-style moist snuff and owns the premium brands Copenhagen (56% of retail volume sales in 2014) and Skoal (44%) – both showed high prevalence and effective exposure to consumers.
Over the forecast period, smokeless tobacco is projected to see a negative CAGR of 6% in volume terms to reach 185 tonnes in 2019. Generally the market is downsizing consistently with the overall tobacco industry due to increasingly strict regulation, growing health concerns raised by the ageing population, and lack of product development.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smokeless Tobacco industry in Canada with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smokeless Tobacco industry in Canada, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smokeless Tobacco in Canada market research report includes:
* Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
* Detailed segmentation of international and local products
* Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
* Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
* Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
* Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
* What is the market size of Smokeless Tobacco in Canada?
* What are the major brands in Canada?
* What are the traditional types of smokeless tobacco available in Canada?
* What is the product awareness of smokeless tobacco in Canada?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Smokeless Tobacco in Norway
- Smokeless Tobacco in Denmark
- Smokeless Tobacco in Belarus
- Smokeless Tobacco in Venezuela
- Smokeless Tobacco in South Africa