Oman Telecommunications Report Q4 2015 - New Market Research Report
New Fixed Networks market report from Business Monitor International: "Oman Telecommunications Report Q4 2015"
[ClickPress, Fri Sep 11 2015] The possible entry of a third player into the mobile market, plus strong competition in the form of MVNOs, will keep mobile growth in positive territory, despite near saturation. We expect established operators Omantel and Ooredoo to respond to additional competition in the mobile market with a wider range of converged service offerings. Little subscription growth opportunity means retaining subscribers is equally, if not more , important than attracting new ones. Omantel and Ooredoo will achieve this by migrating subscribers on to shared data multi-play and packages, increasingly including smarthome solutions, thus deepening their relationships with customers. Meanwhile, though mobile remains the dominant broadband access technology, we expect Oman Broadband Company 's deployment of an open access national fibre network to deepen penetration of wireline connections, and to enable Ooredoo and smaller alternative players to compete more effectively with incumbent Omantel in the wireline market.
Full Report Details at
The mobile market maintained modest growth of 0.7% q-o-q in Q115 to 6.24mn subscriptions, driven by Ooredoo.
Wireline voice connections grew strongly by 8.3% in Q115, bucking the regional trend of fixed-to-mobile substitution.
Broadband was the fastest growing segment, with 20.6% y-o-y growth to 2.3mn subscriptions. This was also reflected in broadband internet revenues in Q115.
The Oman Telecommunications Report features BMI Research's independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Oman's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Oman Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Oman.
* Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Oman to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Omani telecoms market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in Oman's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Oman.
* Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar Telecommunications Report Q4 2015
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q4 2015
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q4 2015
- Turkey Telecommunications Report Q4 2015
- Mexico Telecommunications Report Q4 2015