5G Wireless: Technology Evolution and Service Provider Strategies - New Market Research Report
Fast Market Research recommends "5G Wireless: Technology Evolution and Service Provider Strategies" from Pyramid Research, now available
[ClickPress, Wed Dec 09 2015] Although many operators are still ramping their 4G LTE deployments, 5G has become a major topic of conversation and planning for cellular operators, with a broad expectation of initial standards and product availability in the 2020 timeframe. As 5G standardization progresses, initial 5G definitions have centered on use cases and market requirements that 5G networks will support. Unlike previous wireless technology generations that focused largely on delivering more data, 5G requirements include: low latencies, energy efficiency, spectrum flexibility, high reliability and massive user scale. The market adoption for 5G services is being driven by various industry associations having focus on specific regions along with increasing collaboration amongst telcos and vendors.
* While 5G is garnering much interest as the next major generation of cellular wireless technology, 5G's differentiation from previous wireless technologies is a focus on diverse capabilities beyond higher bandwidths. These new capabilities promise to help operators address diverse new business targets (enterprise and vertical industries).
* Evolutions of 4G LTE air interfaces are only one way in which LTE technologies will support and be integrated into 5G. Carrier aggregation, cell density improvements and virtualization are all being applied to LTE and should help operators bridge the gap between 4G and 5G service capabilities.
* Standards and global regulatory efforts suggest 5G commercialization in the 2020 timeframe, but industry groups and key global events are driving for pre-commercial trials and launches before that - around 2018 or earlier.
* As operators and vendors plan for 5G, LTE evolutions will be compelling investments. Driven by a handful of vendors, so-called 4.5G technologies will help to execute on 5G use cases before 5G is technically available
* Among the capabilities at the forefront of 5G visions are: spectrum flexibility (including the use of unlicensed and high-frequency spectrum), energy efficiency, low-latency, high-reliability, higher data rates, high-speed mobility and the ability to support massive user scale (many more devices than supported today).
Full Report Details at
'5G Wireless: Technology Evolution and Service Provider Strategies' a Telecom Thematic Report by Pyramid Research, describes the state of 5G technologies and standards, analyse the market drivers and detail a number of industry and service provider initiatives that highlight how 5G is moving towards commercialization. Where 5G standards are still being developed and defined, we position potential 5G use cases in terms of proposed technology candidates, tying standardization, regulatory and carrier momentum into an explanation of when 5G networks are likely to get deployed and commercialized. We conclude by outlining what operators, vendors and regulators must do to execute on the promise of 5G.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- New Zealand - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Forecasts
- China: Amid Rising Competitive Pressures and Lower Prices, Operators Turn to Fixed and Mobile Broadband Bundles
- Vietnam: Operators Target 3G Mobile Data Adoption Prior to 4G Network Rollouts
- South Africa: Network Investment, FTTx Deployment and Regulatory Initiatives to Drive Competition and Growth
- Mauritius: 4G/LTE Commercial Launches and Smart Mauritius Strategic Plan Will Spur Market Evolution