New Market Report: Sleep Aids in the United Kingdom
New Healthcare research report from Euromonitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
[ClickPress, Sun Dec 20 2015] Many areas of OTC are struggling due to consumers' concerns over the long-term health impact of chronic use and shift in focus from symptomatic relief to addressing underlying health conditions via lifestyle changes. In contrast, sleep aids are benefiting from consumers' concerns over the side effects associated with Rx sleep aids, with many consumers thus preferring to use gentler OTC products. Consequently, sleep aids was the second fastest growth area in OTC in 2015 over the previous year, ranking behind only emergency contraception.
Omega Pharma is the clear leader in sleep aids and also saw the strongest gain in value share in 2015 over the previous year, gaining almost a percentage point to account for 42% share. The company benefits from its well-established Nytol range, which enjoys strong consumer trust. This range not only offers the One-a-night variant for those seeking convenience but also a Herbal variant for those that prefer more natural remedies.
Full Report Details at
Sleep aids is expected to continue to benefit from the rising incidence of insomnia and many consumers' mistrust of Rx sleep aids in the forecast period. Insomnia is expected to become an increasing problem for many consumers, partly due to an ageing population but chiefly due to the growing use of smartphones and tablets at night. Social media remains widely popular in the UK, with a growing number of consumers checking Facebook or Twitter feeds before bed or even during the night. Many of these consumers are meanwhile likely to seek OTC rather than Rx remedies for insomnia, due to concerns over the side effects associated with the latter.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Sleep Aids industry in United Kingdom with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Sleep Aids industry in United Kingdom, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Sleep Aids in United Kingdom market research report includes:
* Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
* Detailed segmentation of international and local products
* Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
* Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
* Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
* What is the market size of Sleep Aids in United Kingdom?
* What are the major brands in United Kingdom?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Consumer Health in the United Kingdom
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the United Kingdom
- Vitamin and Provitamin Market in United Kingdom to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Agricultural and Forestry Machine Market in United Kingdom to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Plastic Sheet, Plate and Film Market in United Kingdom to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts