New Study: Hong Kong: Operators Work to Promote 4G Migration and Compete on Customer Experience
New Fixed Networks market report from Pyramid Research: "Hong Kong: Operators Work to Promote 4G Migration and Compete on Customer Experience"
[ClickPress, Wed Jan 13 2016] In 2015, Hong Kong will be the one of the most sophisticated telecom services market in the Asia-Pacific region, with estimated revenue of US$6.4bn or 2.1% of GDP. Mobile data services will be the most important growth driver, generating $155m more revenue in 2015 than in 2014, owing to focus on bundled services offerings, diversified handset models and low 4G data tariffs. Pyramid Research expects to see overall service revenue grow at a CAGR of 1.4% from 2015 to 2020. The fixed/mobile revenue split will be inclined toward mobile, as mobile service revenue will be driven primarily by improvement in device subsidies, value-added services and overall customer experience.
* With estimated revenue of $6.4bn, the telecom services market in Hong Kong is one of the most sophisticated telecom markets in the world in 2015 but with only mild growth prospects compared with the rest of the APAC region.
* Pyramid Research expects total telecom revenue in Hong Kong to grow at a CAGR of 1.4% over the next five years to reach $6.8bn in 2020, driven by operators' investment in improving network speed and capacity.
* Data will emerge as the largest contributor toward overall telecom service revenue over the forecast, with its share growing from 46.3% to 54.6% of overall telecom service revenue by 2020. Mobile data will have a major share of 76.3% in data revenue, owing to aggressive 4G expansions, reduction in data tariffs and increased smartphone proliferation.
Full Report Details at
"Hong Kong: Operators Work to Promote 4G Migration and Compete on Customer Experience" report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Hong Kong today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Hong Kong's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
* Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Hong Kong compared with other countries in the region.
* Economic, demographic and political context in Hong Kong.
* The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
* A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data.
* Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2013 to 2020.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Multiplay Services: Bundling Growth and Strategies Beyond Traditional Quadruple-Play
- Hong Kong Telecommunications Report Q1 2016
- Turkey: Mobile Operators Gear Up to Launch 4G Services in 2016 Following National Spectrum Auction
- India - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband
- China: Amid Rising Competitive Pressures and Lower Prices, Operators Turn to Fixed and Mobile Broadband Bundles