New Study: UAE: Launch of Fixed Network Sharing Will Boost Competition and Help FTTx Adoption
New Wireless market report from Pyramid Research: "UAE: Launch of Fixed Network Sharing Will Boost Competition and Help FTTx Adoption"
[ClickPress, Wed Jan 13 2016] With overall service revenue estimated at US$8.8bn in 2015, the UAE telecom market is one of the largest in AME, despite its relatively small population. The market is also one of the most developed, with considerable fiber and 4G network coverage. The relatively large market size in terms of revenue is in part due to high tariffs for services; for example, prices for mobile data services in the UAE are the highest in the Middle East. Despite a high mobile subscription population penetration rate of over 190% since 2013, over the next five years Pyramid Research expects UAE total market revenue to grow at a CAGR of 4.6%, to reach US$11.0bn in 2020. This will be largely driven by continued uptake in 4G services supporting mobile data revenue growth, and the continued uptake in FTTx broadband services within triple-play packages.
Full Report Details at
* In 2015, the UAE telecom market will generate estimated service revenue of US$8.8bn, 4.9% more than 2014. Mobile data will be the most important driver behind this trend, generating US$0.4bn more revenue in 2015 than in 2014, due to high smartphone subscription penetration and the continued uptake of 4G services.
* Pyramid Research expects overall service revenue to grow at a CAGR of 4.6% during 2015-20, aided by growth in mobile data, fixed broadband, and pay-TV.
* Over the next five years, operators should seize opportunities in mobile data, fixed broadband, and IPTV services for the consumer segment, and concentrate on expanding ICT services such as M2M/IoT for the enterprise segment. Vendors should support operators to optimize networks in the face of rapidly increasing data traffic, and provide support on developing 5G roadmaps.
"UAE: Launch of Fixed Network Sharing Will Boost Competition and Help FTTx Adoption" provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in UAE today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the telecom market of UAE, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
* UAE in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region.
* Economic, demographic and political context in UAE.
* The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans and more.
* A demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, data and pay-TV markets.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Australia - The National Broadband Network - Moving into 2016
- Algeria: Mobile and Fixed Broadband Infrastructure Developments to Boost the Telecom Sector through 2020
- Malaysia - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband
- India - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband
- Mali: Mobile Data Services, Competition and Network Improvement Spur Market Evolution