The Netherlands: Growing Adoption of LTE and LTE-A Based Services Will Drive Mobile Revenue Growth
Recently published research from Pyramid Research, "The Netherlands: Growing Adoption of LTE and LTE-A Based Services Will Drive Mobile Revenue Growth", is now available at Fast Market Research
[ClickPress, Sun Jan 17 2016] The Dutch telecom market revenue is expected to reach US$13.2bn by the end of 2020 from $11.7bn (EUR10.6bn) in 2015. Going forward, Pyramid Research expects mobile revenue to invert its decline trend in 2017 and total service revenue - fixed, mobile and pay-TV - to return to growth from 2017 onward. The adoption of LTE and LTE-A based services will move beyond early-adopter status by 2017 - this will improve the customer mix and make the ARPS more resilient. Mobile data services became the largest source of revenue in 2015 and will continue to offer the largest revenue opportunity over the next five years. Competition in the market remains high and all operators seem well-positioned to curb opportunities in the M2M market - the major source of subscriber growth over the next few years. Heavy investment in network expansion will enable operators to offer faster broadband speeds to meet consumers' needs. The pay-TV market is expected to be driven by IPTV, which leverages the DSL and fiber broadband bases. Fixed-mobile bundles were launched by KPN in 2013, and consumer uptake reached 23% of its fixed broadband customer base in September 2015. Vodafone offers additional benefits to its Red mobile customers choosing its triple-play offering (fixed telephony, internet and TV).
Full Report Details at
* Netherlands is the sixth largest telecom services market in the Western European region, with estimated revenue of US$11.7bn, or 1.6% of nominal GDP in 2015. Pyramid Research expects telecom service revenue to reach $13.2bn in 2020 (2.2% CAGR in local currency) as the increase in broadband lines and data traffic will push revenue up.
* The revenue mix will continue to be dominated by mobile services due to growth in mobile data, which will be driven by increasing adoption of 4G services and ongoing investments in LTE-A expansion by operators. Fixed and mobile data revenue will account for 60.8% of total revenue in 2020, up from 51.9% in 2015.
* The top two operators -KPN and Ziggo (including UPC), which provides mobile, broadband, TV and fixed voice services - will together account for 62.7% of overall service revenue in 2015 and increase to 63.8% in 2020.
"The Netherlands: Growing Adoption of LTE and LTE-A Based Services Will Drive Mobile Revenue Growth" provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in the Netherlands today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the Netherlands's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
* Regional context: telecom market size and trends in the Netherlands compared with other countries in the region.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Mobile Broadband - a Trailblazing Market - Insights and Statistics
- Czech Republic: Market to Return to Revenue Growth in 2018 as LTE Service Adoption Drives Up Mobile Revenue
- Middle East - Mobile Broadband and Infrastructure - Statistics and Analyses
- Mobile Value-add Services Markets, Applications, and Opportunities, 5th Edition
- Mobile Network Operator VAS and APIs: MVAS and API Market Opportunities and Forecasts 2015 - 2020