Thailand: Operator and Government Fixed and Mobile Investment to Drive Data-Centric Telecom Growth
Recently published research from Pyramid Research, "Thailand: Operator and Government Fixed and Mobile Investment to Drive Data-Centric Telecom Growth", is now available at Fast Market Research
[ClickPress, Wed Jan 20 2016] Thailand's telecommunications market is among the largest markets in the South East Asia region and will generate revenue of $10.2bn in 2015. The telecom services revenue will grow at a CAGR of 7.5% over the 2015-2020 period, driven by growth in mobile services revenue, primarily from mobile data owing to increasing popularity of high-speed 3G and 4G services. Fixed broadband and mobile data will be the highest-growing segments and will contribute to 15.4% and 36.6%, by 2020, respectively. Although Thailand is a prepaid-driven market, the number of prepaid subscribers will decline owing to the NBTC's regulation on SIM registration. Further, Thailand will witness commercial 4G rollouts from 2016 onward post 4G auctions held in November 2015. In the fixed market, state-owned operator TOT will have a lead; however, it will experience tough competition from True and CAT in the fixed broadband segment. Operators will focus on converged offerings to drive subscriber growth and increase ARPS.
Full Report Details at
* The overall telecom service revenue in Thailand is estimated to increase by 1.8% in US dollars (4.1% in local currency) versus 2014, to reach $10.2bn (Bt338bn) in 2015.
* From 2015 to 2020, the Thai telecommunications market will see service revenue grow at a 7.5% CAGR in dollar terms, boosted by mobile and fixed broadband infrastructure developments.
* This growth will be fueled by 4G service rollouts and 3G network coverage expansion, coupled with converged offerings and government initiatives to drive broadband adoption in education, healthcare and government sectors. Operators will invest in fiber deployments in the coming years.
* Mobile revenue will account for 61.4% of the total telecom market in 2020. Mobile data will be an important driver of this trend, as it will expand at a 12.4% CAGR from 2015 to 2020.
* We expect the number of fixed access lines - circuit-switched voice, VoIP and broadband - to increase to 11.9m in 2020.
* AIS, the mobile leader, will maintain its share, facing aggressive competition from True and dtac. Entry of AIS in the fixed and pay-TV markets in 2015 will help the company maintain its lead thereby realizing new revenue opportunities. The fixed space remains dominated by TOT, however, it will face tough competition from True and CAT in the fixed broadband market.
"Thailand: Operator and Government Fixed and Mobile Investment to Drive Data-Centric Telecom Growth" provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Thailand today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Thailand's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- India - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband
- Pakistan - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband
- Vietnam - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband
- China - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband
- Africa - Fixed Broadband Market - Statistics and Analyses