New Market Research Report on the United Kingdom telecom services market
Market Enters Consolidation Phase with Healthy Trends Across Fixed, Pay-TV and Mobile Services
[ClickPress, Wed Jan 20 2016] In 2015, UK will be the largest telecom services market in Western Europe and will grow at a 1.0% CAGR from 2015-2020 in local currency to reach $52.4bn (GBP35.7bn) in 2020. More than 80% of the revenue growth between 2015 and 2020 will come from fixed and pay-TV services, while mobile services will grow slowly due to the EU roaming impact and the possible negative effect of fixed-mobile convergence on mobile revenue. Competition in the UK telecom market is set to intensify as operators look to extend their portfolio to remain competitive in a fixed and mobile convergence market. The ongoing consolidation and possible regulatory remedies will change competitive dynamics over the next few years and will likely reinforce a household-centric proposition.
Full Report Details at
* The UK telecom market will generate total service revenue of $51.8bn (GBP34.0bn) in 2015, a -0.4% decline in local currency from the previous year.
* Pyramid Research expects total service revenue to grow at a 1.0% CAGR from 2015-2020 in local currency (0.2% CAGR in US$). The positive impact of fixed broadband network upgrades on ARPS, the growth of LTE beyond the early-adopter status and in-market consolidation will likely compensate the negative impact of fixed-mobile convergence (FMC) on revenue.
* The growing adoption of LTE services and the migration of voice services to VoLTE will contribute to growing data usage, mitigating losses in mobile voice revenue.
* Broadband customers will benefit from higher speeds as operators are investing heavily in faster networks to achieve the government's target of providing superfast broadband to 95% of premises by 2017.
* Driven by operator's focus on premium content and quad-play offerings, the UK will add about 1.6m pay-TV subscriptions during 2015-2020 to reach a penetration rate of 71.6% of households.
"United Kingdom: Market Enters Consolidation Phase with Healthy Trends Across Fixed, Pay-TV and Mobile Services" report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in the UK today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the UK telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
* Regional context: telecom market size and trends in the UK compared with other countries in the Western Europe region.
* Economic, demographic and political context in the UK.
* The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Germany: Consolidation, Convergence and Next Generation Networks and Services Will Drive Healthy Competition.
- United Kingdom Telecommunications Report Q4 2015
- Mobile Broadband in the United Kingdom
- Mobile Phones in the United Kingdom
- Telecommunication Services in the United Kingdom