Smoking Tobacco in the US, 2015 - New Market Report
Fast Market Research recommends "Smoking Tobacco in the US, 2015" from Canadean, now available
[ClickPress, Mon Feb 22 2016] The US smoking tobacco market is the smallest sector of the US tobacco products market, with a 5% share of the overall volume. However, it has recently been the most buoyant sector in the tobacco market, mainly growing at the expense of manufactured cigarettes. The US tobacco products market is one of the largest in the world but is in decline, with overall consumption having fallen by approximately 30% since 2000. The market is still dominated by manufactured cigarettes, with 2014 factory-made cigarette volumes at 265,000 tonnes.
* Although smoking tobacco - comprising pipe and fine cut tobacco - is the smallest sector with 5.3% of the US tobacco products market, it remains the most dynamic; sales in 2014 were almost four times their level in 1998
* Sales of FCT tobacco rose almost continuously year-on-year until 2008, with volume reaching almost 10,000 tonnes in 2008, to form more than 80% of the total smoking tobacco market that year, compared with almost 20% for pipe tobacco. However, taxation changes have now made pipe tobacco the dominant category.
* Retail prices have increased significantly recently, due to the hikes in excise duty.
* The FCT market is dominated by two manufacturers: Top Tobacco (Republic Group) and Brown and Williamson (BAT), with their respective flagship brands, Top and Bugler.
Full Report Details at
"Smoking Tobacco in USA", is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the US market.
What else does this report offer?
* Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
* Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
* Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
* Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2014 to 2024.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
* Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
* As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the US market is key to ensuring maximum future sales.
* The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Smoking Tobacco in Belgium, 2015
- Smoking Tobacco in Denmark, 2015
- Smoking Tobacco in Australia, 2015
- Smoking Tobacco in Czech Republic, 2015
- Smoking Tobacco in Netherlands, 2015