Market Report, "Operator Strategies to Increase Smartphone Penetration in Africa", published
New Wireless market report from Pyramid Research: "Operator Strategies to Increase Smartphone Penetration in Africa"
[ClickPress, Sun Feb 28 2016] In this report we introduce the market context and major trends related to mobile subscribers and smartphones in Africa. We go on to analyze the various strategies used by operators to boost smartphone penetration rates on their networks. Then we bring in evidence from case studies in Africa including Orange Klif, MTN Nigeria and Safaricom Kenya. We conclude with a set of key findings and recommendations that operators can use to increase smartphone penetration rates
* Smartphone sales are forecasted to grow by a 15% CAGR from 2015 to 2020 making Africa and Middle East the fastest growing region globally.
* The African market remains heavily prepaid with a vast majority of consumers purchasing smartphones from independent retailers before obtaining a mobile subscription from an operator.
* Operators have deployed a range of direct and indirect strategies to boost smartphone penetration in Africa. Direct strategies allow operators to increase smartphone penetration by selling more devices.
* Indirect strategies drive mobile data subscriptions and hence boost smartphone penetration levels on an operator's network.
Full Report Details at
'Operator Strategies to Increase Smartphone Penetration in Africa' report provides an overview of smartphone market in Africa and analyzes the various strategies telcos can leverage to increase smartphone penetration levels.
It consists of:
* Smartphone and mobile subscriber market trends in Africa.
* An analysis of the various strategies that operators can deploy to boost smartphone penetration rates.
* Key analysis and findings based on case studies in the region and a set of recommendations for mobile operators.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Gain understanding of smartphone market its evolution in Africa, to succeed in the existing market.
* Align product and service portfolios to drive smartphone usage.
* Gain an understanding of the competitive landscape and successful strategies to increase smartphone penetration levels.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Orange, MTN, Etisalat, Safaricom, Airtel, Tigo, Moov, Samsung, Huawei, ZTE, Xiaomi, Jumia, Kaymu, Vodacom, Tecno, Facebook, Twitter, Apple
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Africa - Mobile Voice and Mobile Broadband Statistics (tables only)
- 4G Commercial Strategies in Africa and the Middle East
- Africa - Fixed Broadband Market - Statistics and Analyses
- Africa - Mobile Broadband - Statistics and Analyses
- Global Mobile Broadband - a Trailblazing Market - Insights and Statistics