Just Published: "Morocco - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Digital Media - Statistics and Analyses"
Fast Market Research recommends "Morocco - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Digital Media - Statistics and Analyses" from BuddeComm, now available
[ClickPress, Tue Mar 01 2016] Morocco's DSL market opened by Inwi and Medi Telecom launching services
Morocco retains one of the most advanced telecom markets in Africa. It has attracted investment from key regional players, including Zain, as well as Etisalat and Orange, the latter becoming a majority stakeholder in the telco Medi Telecom, which is in the process of being rebranded as Orange Morocco.
The country has one of the highest mobile penetration rates in the region, at about 133%. The auction of spectrum for LTE use in March 2015 was quickly followed by the commercial launch of LTE services by all three MNOs. Licence conditions will ensure that LTE covers at least 65% of the population by 2020. This infrastructure, and anticipated subscriber take-up, will further consolidate the dominance in mobile players in the broadband sector. By the end of 2015 mobile broadband accounted for 92% of all broadband connections.
Full Report Details at
In the fixed-line broadband sector competition in the provision of DSL services is expected to intensify during 2016 following the launch of services by Inwi and Medi Telecom. This is despite regulator having struggled to force Maroc Telecom to provide a pricing structure for wholesale access to its networks.
To accommodate growing internet traffic, fibre optic national backbone networks and international connectivity are being expanded. A National Broadband Plan was launched in 2012, aiming to provide fixed or mobile broadband access to the entire population by 2022.
This report contains an overview and general analyses of Morocco's telecom market, including updated statistics, assessments of recent regulatory measures, details on licensing regimes and spectrum auctions, and profiles of the major players. It encompasses developments in the fixed-line voice market, as well as in the fixed and mobile broadband segments.
* Satellite telecom licenses awarded;
* Terrestrial cable connecting Mali and Morocco is lit;
* Three MNOs launch LTE services following spectrum auction;
* MNP process amended to hasten number portings;
* Maroc Telecom launches LTE-A services;
* Orange secures an additional 9% stake in Meditel, begins Meditel rebranding as Orange Morocco;
* Etisalat sells its West African mobile operations to Maroc Telecom for EUR650 million;
* New SIM card registration regulations take effect;
* Inwi and Meditel launch DSL services;
* mobile broadband captures 92% of the internet market;
* National Broadband Plan 2012-2022 makes progress;
Report updates include the regulator's market data updates to September 2015, telcos' operational and financial data to Q3 2015, recent market developments.
Companies mentioned in this report:
* Medi Telecom (Meditel)
* Inwi (Wana
* Maroc Connect)
* Maroc Telecom (Menara
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Germany - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Digital Media - Statistics and Analyses
- Finland - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Digital Media - Statistics and Analyses
- Austria - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Digital Media - Statistics and Analyses
- Italy - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Digital Media - Statistics and Analyses
- Chile - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Digital Media - Statistics and Analyses