Indonesia: Government Initiatives and Operator Investment to Drive Fixed and Mobile Data Growth
Recently published research from Pyramid Research, "Indonesia: Government Initiatives and Operator Investment to Drive Fixed and Mobile Data Growth", is now available at Fast Market Research
[ClickPress, Tue Mar 01 2016] The telecommunications market in Indonesia will generated revenue of $10.9bn in 2015. The telecom services revenue will grow at a CAGR of 1.3% over the 2015-2020 period, drive by growth in mobile data, fixed VoIP, fixed broadband and pay-TV. Mobile data, which will continue to be the largest revenue-contributing segment over 2015-2020, will grow at a CAGR of 5%, while fixed VoIP, fixed broadband and pay-TV will register a CAGR of 9.5%, 3.5% and 9.9%, respectively. We expect mobile subscriptions in Indonesia to grow at a CAGR of 1.5% over 2015-2020. Going forward, operators should seize opportunities in mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments, while vendors should position themselves to offer technology-compatible smartphones and network devices.
* The overall telecom service revenue in Indonesia is estimated to increase by 8.2% over 2014 to reach $10.9bn in 2015. * From 2015 to 2020, the Indonesian telecommunications market will see service revenue grow at a 1.3% CAGR, boosted by mobile and fixed data and pay-TV segments.
* Mobile revenue will account for 82.9% of the total telecom market in 2020. Mobile data will remain an important driver of this trend, as it will expand at a 5% CAGR from 2015 to 2020.
* We expect the contribution of Internet access to fixed services revenue will increase from 39.4% in 2015 to 43.8% in 2020.
* PT Telkom leads in both fixed and mobile segments. In the mobile segment, it faces significant competition from Indosat and XL Axiata and other smaller players, such as MKM and LinkNet.
Full Report Details at
"Indonesia: Government Initiatives and Operator Investment to Drive Fixed and Mobile Data Growth" provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Indonesia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the Indonesian telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases. The Country Intelligence
Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
* Regional context: Telecom market size and trends in Indonesia compared with other countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
* Economic, demographic and political context in Indonesia.
* The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plan, SIM registration, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
* A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, fixed Internet, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Malaysia: Government Initiatives and Operator Investment to Drive Fixed and Mobile Broadband Growth
- Thailand: Operator and Government Fixed and Mobile Investment to Drive Data-Centric Telecom Growth
- Philippines: Operator Partnerships and National Broadband Initiatives Drive Telecom Digital Transformation
- Germany - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Digital Media - Statistics and Analyses
- India - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband