"LBS Market in Africa 2016-2020" Published
Recently published research from TechNavio, "LBS Market in Africa 2016-2020", is now available at Fast Market Research
[ClickPress, Wed Jul 06 2016] LBS use the location of a mobile device to provide information through a mobile network. GPS delivers location information anywhere around the globe for outdoor environments. For indoor environments, technologies such as Wi-Fi, wireless local area network (WLAN) modems, radio frequency identification (RFID) tags, ultrasound, infrared, and Bluetooth low energy (BLE) provide information.
Technavio's analysts forecast the location-based services market in Africa to grow at a CAGR of 49.39% during the period 2016-2020.
Covered in this report
The report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the location-based services market in Africa for 2016-2020. To calculate the market size, the report considers revenue generated from the annual sales of the following:
Full Report Details at
* LBS applications, software, and digital maps
* LBS map, mobile LBS, and LBS solution segments
In the LBS map segment, the report considers the revenue generated from the following:
* Map licenses
* Map solutions offered by map providers
* Public sector and enterprise applications that use maps
In the mobile LBS segment, the report considers the revenue generated from the following:
* LBS applications in global positioning system (GPS)-enabled devices such as smartphones, tablets, and feature phones
* Sale and licensing of mobile LBS platforms and application program interfaces (API)
* Mobile LBS such as mobile location-based search, navigation, advertising, social networking, games, infotainment, weather alerts and forecasts, real estate, and emergency support
In the LBS solutions segment, the report considers the revenue generated from the following:
* LBS applications used in in-dash devices, portable navigation devices (PND), and handheld LBS devices
* Mobile applications and services used by individual users for outdoor and fitness-related activities
* LBS applications used in the government organizations segment (including disaster recovery and emergency services, public transport tracking, and traffic management)
* LBS applications used in the enterprise users segment, including the automotive, fleet management, telecom, retail, consumer durables, oil and natural gas, aviation, marine, and healthcare domains, as well as small and medium-sized enterprises (SME)
However, the report does not consider the annual sales of smartphones, tablets, or feature phones used by enterprise or government users.
Technavio's report, Location-Based Services (LBS) Market in Africa 2016-2020, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the market landscape and its growth prospects over the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)